Saturday 4 February 2012

And the winner is....

JAIDYN LYRIC!!!

We did it!!!

(how bad is it that I can't say or hear that phrase without automatically starting to sing like Dora "we did it, we did it, we did it YEAH!!!)

You can see the announcement here

We're so happy, excited, thankful and every other positive feeling out there. Well more so all those feelings are describing me... Jaidyn doesn't really have any clue what I'm talking about.

The photo means so much to me because it was taken about a week before she was diagnosed with Leukemia. It is such a beautiful picture, reminding me just how innocent these little kids are. It is also one of the last pictures taken of Jaidyn before our lives were turned upside down.

July 2011

Another one from that day- hair blowing in the wind

I'm so looking forward to having Bri Oliver take Jaidyn's pictures again. We'll most likely do the photo shoot towards the end of May or early June. Around the same time I try and get her photos done each year and also lets hope by then Jaidyn gets over her hate for the camera. This is partially because I have been constantly taking pictures of her over the last 6 months. Not that the first 3 years I wasn't a little camera crazy either.

So much has changed over the last 6 months, who could blame me.

But anyway, WE WON!!!

So thankful to everyone that voted, unfortunately the contest was ended early as it got a little too competitive for some people and things got a little out of hand. But proud to say Jaidyn must have a lot of fans as we won by at least 100 votes.

I'll post the pictures as soon as we get them done. So stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better I totally thought "duh duh duh duh duh dora" when I read "we did it." You aren't the only one, haha. Happy for you. I need to get some professional photos taken of Naomi this summer!

    ReplyDelete